[Spambayes] Upgrade problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 9 08:33:58 CEST 2004

> I haven't been able to reproduce this problem.  I did have
> 1.0a7 and 1.0rc2 in my home directory.  In any case, I
> reloaded 1.0rc2 and dumpted 1.0a7 but the problem persists.
> What is the name of the db file that's corrupted?

It's probably called hammie.db (and it's best to get rid of
spambayes.messageinfo.db as well, if it's there).  It might be .hammiedb, or
maybe statistics_database.db, or it could be anything else if you've set it
to be (but then you would probably know about it).

> When I delete it is there anything I must do to generate a new one?

Not if you are using sb_server or sb_imapfilter, no - a new one will
automatically be created.  sb_filter needs to be run with -n or something
like that, I think (but check the -h output to be sure).

[my sig]
>> Please always include the list (spambayes at python.org) in
>> your replies (reply-all),

[Jerome]
> I will.

[my sig]
>> and please don't send me personal mail about SpamBayes. This way,
>> you get everyone's help, and avoid a lack of replies when I'm busy.

[Jerome]
> I won't.

:) Thanks.