[Spambayes] Imap and other things.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Aug 8 20:55:26 CEST 2004

First, with the help of people on this list and especially through
the patience of Tony Meyer I think we have the sb_imapfilter.py
problems solved.

All that was needed is to identify the folders that IMAP needed to
look at in the configuration file. The default INBOX for example would
not cut it on a Linux system.

In return I would like to give something back to the community. People
keep accusing me of wanting a server filtering solution to spam
identification, although I never said I did. Well people must be
psychic since we indeed at Trinity are going to use SpamBayes with the
server doing the filtering. But our solution unlike any I have seen
referred to in the documentation allows each user to train his own
mail according to his wishes, and there is no need to use any of the
proxy servers. Are you intrigued? I am submitting a description of
this approach in separate message and hopefully someone will feel it is
worth having it included in the documentation linked to the SpamBayes
web site.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University