[Spambayes] feature request

Robert K. Coe bob at 1776.com
Wed Aug 4 00:50:39 CEST 2004

Just to be a devil's advocate.....

1. Many (most?) user communities will not accept a client-based solution to the spam problem. Many users are so spam-averse that merely seeing it, even after it has been identified and collected, makes them go ballistic. The more Spambayes can be made to resemble a server-based system, the more widely it will be accepted. I wouldn't use the proposed feature myself, but there it is.

2. I'm under the impression that a few months ago someone (maybe more than one someone) proved that if you start with an empty database, Spambayes learns quickly, and that within a few days it performs almost as well as it would if trained in the customary way. If so, saving spam for retraining should be a non-issue.

Bob