[Spambayes] Outlook Express

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Aug 5 02:42:44 CEST 2004

> I have recently changed to Outlook Express, Windows 2000.
> I have used your services in Outlook up to now.
> Can I change?  What do I do?

Using the same installer program, choose to install "sb_server" rather than
the Outlook plug-in.  Then, using the tray application, go to the
configuration page.  Enter in the address of your mail server in the top
box, and a suitable local port (e.g. 110) in the second box.

Further down the page, tick the "spam" and "unsure" boxes in the "include
classification in subject header" option.  Then save the configuration
(bottom of the page).

In Outlook Express, use Tools->Accounts to change your mail account to
connect to "localhost" instead of your mail server.  Now when you retrieve
mail spam will have "spam," prepended to the subject, and unsures will have
"unsure," prepended.  You can create your own rules in Outlook Express to do
what you like with these (e.g. move them to separate folders).

sb_server doesn't have the tight integration that the Outlook plug-in does,
but the results will be the same (or better), and it's quite simple to use
once you get used to it.

=Tony Meyer

---