[Spambayes] Unix installation problem

David Pokorny davebrok at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Aug 4 17:36:50 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem that I thought would be very common, but I didn't see it
in the FAQ. My unix-like account does not support POP or IMAP, so my only
option is to use the procmail filter, which is fine. However, when I

python setup.py install

the script complains that I cannot create folders in /usr/local/lib/...
because I don't have root access. The specific problem arises right after
setup writes: "running install_lib".

I'd like to install these files in my personal directory; is there a right
way to solve this problem?

Thanks,

David