[Spambayes] install problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 4 03:44:47 CEST 2004

> I have Windows 98 with outlook 98.  I installed spambayes.exe
> with no errors.  When I bringup Outlook, the wizard does not
> appear.  I checked add-ins and spambayes was not there.  I
> installed again and got same results.  Does spambayes run with 98?

Windows 98, yes.  Outlook 98, no.  Outlook 98 is very, very different (under
the covers) to Outlook 2000 and above, and a plug-in for it would be a
completely different project (which no-one has stepped forward to create;
it's not likely anyone will, either).

You *can* use SpamBayes, if you are getting mail via POP3 or IMAP (i.e. not
Exchange).  You'll need to use sb_server rather than the Outlook plug-in,
like Eudora, Outlook Express, etc, users.  It's not tightly integrated, but
the results will be the same (or better, maybe!).

=Tony Meyer

---