[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy:

nickc at couchman.com nickc at couchman.com
Tue Aug 3 02:07:25 CEST 2004

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: SpamBayesServer1.log
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 366 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------
I am using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0rc2 (June 2004) (binary),
with version 2.3.3 (#51, Feb 13 2004, 14:39:56) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)] of Python; my operating system is Windows 5.0.2195.2 (Service
Pack 3).  I have trained 1156 ham and 2822 spam.

The problem I am having is

I see no way of *not* training everything and my db isimbalanced and
getting large. I have consulted the wiki which discusses the merits of
different training strategies but when I open Spambayes all my
messages for that day are already classified into Ham, Spam and
Unsure. Do I need to manually change each of the spam messages to
'discard' to avoid them creating an imbalanced database?

How do I tell SB - even temporarily to stop training for a while?