[Spambayes] Need "Recover From Spam" learning

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 3 01:29:49 CEST 2004

> Same false positive keep getting sent into "Junk Suspects".

We can't say why this is without the clues.  You train your own classifier,
so we have no idea why it thinks what it does.  It sounds like you're using
the Outlook plug-in: if so, select a message that is misclassified (*before*
training it), and choose "Show spam clues for this message" from the
SpamBayes menu.  Send the resulting message (with an explanation at the top)
to this list, and someone ought to be able to explain why it scored what it
did.  (Or you might even be able to figure it out when you see the clues).

> If a mailing list e-mail is "Recovered From Spam" there
> should be some learning going on so it doesn't dump the same
> e-mail in the "Junk Suspects".

Clicking the "Recover from spam" button does result in training.  Ditto for
"Delete as spam".

=Tony Meyer

---