[Spambayes] Problem with imap under linux.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 3 01:14:38 CEST 2004

> There is something I can't get working about imap under linux on the
> client.
> 1. To configure imap the user needs to run: sb_imapfilter.py -b
> This will not work if sb_server is running since port 8880 is being
> used.

If you are trying to use both sb_server and sb_imapfilter, then you will
need to run the web interfaces on different ports.  The [html_ui] port
option controls this, so you can put it in the respective configuration
files.  (Or you can use the -o command line option).

> 2. Ok I stop sb_server and I can configure imap. But only root can
> stop sb_server so what if some people users want to use pop and others
> imap.

sb_server and sb_imapfilter are both intended as tools for a single user.
There are lots of issues with trying to use them for multiple users.  IAC, I
believe the answer to the first question answers this.

> Rather I can use the Configure page, but configure folders to
> filter or configure folders to train fails.

What do you mean by "fails".  If there's an error message, we need to see
it.

> 3, When I run:sb_imapfilter.py -c -t -l 5
> I get an error: Tried to select an invalid folder

Then it sounds like you're selecting an invalid folder <wink>.  You need to
be sure that the folder is correctly named (including the delimiters) in the
configuration file.  This is difficult to do with IMAP, hence the config
page doing it for you.  (So solving the problem with that is likely to solve
the problem here).

=Tony Meyer

---