[Spambayes] "System Administrator" messages

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Mon Aug 2 19:58:37 CEST 2004

Are you in an Exchange environment? The Exchange Server produces bounce messages that don't follow email formatting conventions and aren't recognized as email messages by Spambayes. (They're also largely content-free and convey almost no useful information. One of the annoying "features" of Exchange is that its email diagnostics are inferior to those in a standalone SMTP environment.)

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]On Behalf Of Michael Rubin
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 9:56 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] "System Administrator" messages

Hi,

I'm not exactly certain where or to whom I should be sending this email message, so please accept my apology if I'm doing this incorrectly.

I've been very happy with SpamBayes for the 5-6 months that I've had it installed.  Recently, one type of message keeps getting through.  This is the phony "System Administrator" message.  When I highlight a message of this type and select "Delete as Spam", Spambayes says there's nothing to filter.  Is someone working on this type of message, and would they like me to send an example or two?

Regards,

michael rubin ~ michael at rubinworld.com ~ www.rubinworld.com