[Spambayes] Recognizing Posts vs E-mails

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 06:36:23 CEST 2004

> OK, so I've found a work around to get SpamBayes
> to work on public folders, IF I can get it to recognize
> posted messages as well as e-mails.

We deliberately don't attempt to filter non-mail items or messages that
weren't actually received (typically composed messages yet to be send or
copies of sent items).  I believe posted messages are of the Outlook class
IPM.Note, and we specifically avoid filtering these.

To change this, you'll have to be running the plug-in from source, and
change the line '''for check in "ipm.note", "ipm.anti-virus":''' (~859) in
msgstore.py.

=Tony Meyer

---