[Spambayes] Add Spam Field to View...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Apr 24 22:29:38 EDT 2004

> Link to instructions on how to add Spam Field does not
> connect.  Can you e-mail me these instructions.  I had it
> set up earlier, but have reinstalled Outlook XP and cannot figure it out.

Are you perhaps using an old version of the plug-in?  I'm pretty sure that
the link was fixed some time back.

In any case, here it is:

"""
Viewing and Using the Spam Score Field

A custom property named Spam is added to all Outlook messages scored, but
Outlook does not allow us to automatically add this to your views.  However,
you can teach Outlook to display this field as a column in any table view,
like the standard Messages view.

This takes some work, and has to be done again for every folder in which you
want to display a Spam column - typically this will be all folders you are
filtering, and your Spam and Unsure folders.  Perform the following steps

    * While looking at an Outlook table view (like Messages), right-click on
the line with column headers (From, Subject, To, Received, ...). In the
context menu that pops up, click on Field Chooser. A box with title Field
Chooser pops up.
    * In the drop-down list at the top of the Field Chooser window, select
User Defined Fields
    * Below the drop-down, you should see a rectangular button with a Spam
label . This should be automatically created for all folders managed by the
system, but if it does not appear, you will need to add it yourself.  To do
this, perform the following steps
          o In the lower left corner of the Field Chooser box, click New....
A box with title New Field pops up.
          o In the Name: box, type Spam.
          o In the Type: dropdown list, select Percent. This is the third
choice in the dropdown list. Do not select any other format -- it won't
work.
          o The Format: select the first entry in the list - "Rounded".  The
Field Chooser should now look like the first image on the right.
          o Click OK in the New Field box. Now you're back in the Field
Chooser box, with a new Spam button shown, as the second figure shows.
    * Use your mouse to drag the Spam button to the column header position
where you want to see the Spam column. You don't have to be precise here --
you can rearrange or resize the column later just by dragging it around.
    * You're done! Close the Field Chooser box.
"""

=Tony Meyer

---