[Spambayes] Filtering Spam

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 21 21:26:14 EDT 2004

> - SpamBayes was running correctly
> - Suddenly it started not to find any more spam so
> I decided to make an update. As that died´t help, I
> uninstalled and installed it again, new tarining etc
> - It does "find" spams (see the attached log file) but
> it does not move the message into the selected folders.
> - It does not move any spam-message at all, although it finds "them"

Unfortunately what was attached wasn't a log file, but the 'spam clues' for
a particular message.  That did, indeed, score 100% for you, which means it
should have been moved.

The troubleshooting guide explains where to find the log file, or if you
click the "Diagnostics" button on the "Advanced" tab of the Manager dialog,
there is a button there to get it.  Make sure you do this *after* you have
opened Outlook (each time you open it is a new log) and mail has failed to
move.

I suspect that something is wrong with the folder you're trying to move it
to.  Have you deleted this folder, perhaps?  In that case, just go to the
"Filtering" tab of the Manager dialog, click Browse, and select the folder
you want spam to be moved to.  Note that if you do delete the folder and
then create one with the same name, that doesn't work (Outlook doesn't track
folders by name, it has other ways).

=Tony Meyer

---