[Spambayes] Problem with SpamBayes

Dick Cary dcarys at cox.net
Sun Apr 11 13:18:32 EDT 2004

I downloaded SpamBayes yesterday and am receiving a popup whenever I open Outlook 2000 or every time I click Inbox.  The message says:  The Web page could not be found.  This error could have been caused by a bad or misspelled URL; following an invalid link; or your network connection and/or transient conditions on the internet.  To check the URL, choose the Home Page tab on the Properties dialog.

I am running Windows 98SE.  Outlook will still operate as far as receiving and sending messages.  I tried to uninstall the program and removing all traces of SpamBayes but nothing worked.  I still get the error message.  I downloaded it again and still the same message.

Following is the log file:

Loaded bayes database from 'C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 0 spam and 0 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 0.9 (February 2004) starting (with engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 4.10.67766446 ( A )
using Python 2.3.2+ (#49, Oct 23 2003, 15:50:06) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
GetNextPage with current 0 IDD_WIZARD_WELCOME
GetNextPage with current 5 IDD_WIZARD_TRAINING_IS_IMPORTANT
GetNextPage with current 1 IDD_WIZARD_FOLDERS_WATCH
GetNextPage with current 2 IDD_WIZARD_FOLDERS_REST
Wizard Done!
Saving wizard changes
Saving configuration -> C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\SpamBayes\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings.ini
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Personal Folders/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Personal Folders/Junk E-Mail'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer

Any suggestions?  I don’t want to reformat the hard drive unless that is the only alternative.

Dick Cary
dcarys at cox.net <mailto:dcarys at cox.net>