[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Apr 3 20:08:24 EST 2004

> I have trained 10437 ham and 2021 spam.

BTW, you'll probably get better results, if:

  1.  You train on roughly equal numbers of ham and spam.
  2.  You don't train on everything.  'Training on mistakes', for example
(unsure, false positives, false negatives), tends to give better results
than 'train on everything'.

[...]
> DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
> error, run database recovery -- fatal region error
> detected; run recovery')

This means that your database is dead.  From the traceback it seems that
this is probably the 'message info' database, rather than the statistics
database, so all you'll lose is the ability to correct training on messages
already trained and the statistics on the Stats page will be reset.

To fix, delete the 'message info' database when spambayes isn't running.
Next time you run, it'll be automatically recreated. This is called
something like messageinfo.db or spambayes.messageinfo.db, and is with the
hammie.db/statistics_database.db file.

If you still get the error, then your stats db might be dead, too.  In this
case, you'll have to delete both database files.

We're still not 100% sure how these errors occur (well, we've found several
reasons, but all those are fixed now), although they are very rare these
days.  If training was interrupted (power cut, crash) for some reason, that
could be why.  If you're able to reproduce the corruption, we'd be very
interested to hear how.

=Tony Meyer

---