[Spambayes] Addin does not load

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Sep 24 21:50:13 EDT 2003

> Thanks for your help.  I did what you suggested and it does
> not help.

:(  It's still worth trying getting rid of the .ini file, as there might
be something causing a problem in there.  (There should be two, one
called default_bayescustomize.ini (or something like that), which you
can leave alone, and one with the name of your Outlook profile, which
you can delete).

If that doesn't help, then I'm out of ideas!  I'd recommend opening a
bug report on sourceforge - sometimes people miss seeing messages on the
list and so miss being able to help.  A bug report is persistent, so it
will be got to sooner or later - plus I think Mark is more likely to
answer a bug report, and he's the fountain of knowledge regarding the
plug-in.

> The only thing I'm not sure about is what you say
> about the ini file.  You say there should be a folder local
> settings /application data / spambayes and an ini file in it.
> I don't see such a folder on my pc.  Am I looking in the
> wrong the place?

If you are using WinNT/2K/XP, it will most likely be in c:\documents and
settings\[username]\application data\spambayes\.  I can't recall exactly
where Win9x/ME puts it - something like c:\windows\application
data\spambayes, I think.  If you had 008 installed, there's a handy
button on the dialog that will open the folder for you ;)