[Spambayes] Spam that bypasses spambayes

Mark Jeays mjeaya069 at rogers.com
Wed Sep 10 01:44:47 EDT 2003

I've been getting some messages recently that seem to fight bayesian filters
directly and are getting through with ease (under 0.05). Any thoughts on
spambayes performance on these? Is there a chance of catching them?
Currently my database is at a mere 134 real email (this is not my primary
account) and a disturbing 3674 spam.

Exhibit A:

***
hey what's up...it's been a while...i'm just on my way out but i wanted to
let you know about  this really cool
product I saw on TechTv, I found a website that is selling it dirt cheap so
you may want to grab one while you
can, the link is below....gotta take off, later

http://www.gadgitz.biz/promo.php?id=93778
***

Exhibit B:

***
Hi, haven't heard from in awhile, what's up? I'm still at that company
working away. Boring as always. I just got a heard about an awesome website
that's saving me tons of money already on my medications.
I'm getting most my stuff their now as it's the cheapeast I've
found online, and it's fast. With the secure site and Live overnight
tracking it's safe & you can't
really go wrong. Check it out, may save you some extra dollars.
Anyways, I'll put link below. Say Hi to everyone and take care.

http://www.pharmacysale.biz/pharm/
***

Do I just need to wait a bit for "overnight" and "tracking" and
"medications" to increase their spamminess number? I suppose so...

Regards,

Mark Jeays