[Spambayes] Newbie questions on XP

John A. Peters japeters at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 9 14:36:42 EDT 2003

I like SpamBayes, it works well and has great potiental.

To train it on my Windows XP machine with POP3 the only way I have had success is the Train on Proxied messages - Review Messages

What does this error message mean?
Training... Trained on 1 message. Saving... Done.

500 Server error
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\spambayes\spambayes-1.0a5\spambayes\Dibbler.py", line 453, in found_terminator
    getattr(plugin, name)(**params)

  File "C:\spambayes\spambayes-1.0a5\spambayes\ProxyUI.py", line 402, in onReview
    messageInfo = self._makeMessageInfo(message)

  File "C:\spambayes\spambayes-1.0a5\spambayes\ProxyUI.py", line 492, in _makeMessageInfo
    text = text.replace(' ', ' ')      # Else they'll be quoted

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

The other way I do it is to take messages from the unsure folder and put them in to either of two folders.

Train+Good
Train-Spam

Then I have to copy these two files and give them a shorter name since I seem to be unable to browse them with the long file names that Windows OE assigns to them.  The browser windo is not big enough for the long file name.  Then I point the trainer at these files.  That works fine but is time consuming.

I would love to be able to foreward messages to spambayes_ham at localhost and spambayes_spam at localhost but they do not work.  If any one wants to take a look at my system I am running VNC or maybe the XP remote could be used.

By the way the text boxs are almost too short where the above address are shown in in the web browser section labled SMTP Proxy Options

Thank You,

John A. Peters, San Francisco, (415) 509-3599 Cell
japeters at pacbell.net  Japeters1939 on Yahoo IM