[Spambayes] Spam not always moved (when filtering too ?)

MLL mlmll at netcourrier.com
Tue Sep 2 20:51:35 EDT 2003

Hi all, this is my first post to this list,

First, thanks to the devs for the great app, very promising. Used to try spammunition, but spambayes is better at tracking spam.

I've registered a bug on SF before discovering this mailing-list. I think it's more appropriate to post here actually, so here it goes :

I've set a rule in Outlook to move automatically mail send to a given alias to, say "Inbox2". Inbox2 is a subfolder of "Inbox".

I've told SpamBayes to filter "Inbox" and "Inbox2" and move the spam to the "Spam" folder.

Unfortunately, it seems that, while the spam in "Inbox" is appropriately moved to "Spam", it doesn't always for "inbox2". Maybe spambayes kinda competes with the rules filtering system when the mail comes first to the inbox ?

On a side note, SB conflicts with the use of netfolders (best info about the latter on http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/netfolders.htm), as seen in the attached debug log.

Using SB with OL2000, on either Win2KSP4 or WinXPSP1.

Thanks for any help.

MLL