[Spambayes] Outlook Tip: Archive Spam for Retraining

Jeff Jansen Jeff at ModestSystems.com
Thu Oct 30 20:05:39 EST 2003

The SpamBayes FAQ says that some people keep their Spam folder filled with
hundreds or thousands of messages so that, if the SpamBayes database becomes
corrupt, they can use those messages to retrain SpamBayes and rebuild the
database. What I do instead is set my Spam folder to Auto-archive every week
into a file named archive_SPAM.pst. If the SB database gets corrupted, I
would just import that PST file back into Outlook temporarily. After
retraining SB, I could then just delete the imported messages. Any new spam
is then appended to the archive_SPAM.pst file when the next auto-archive
time arrives.
Jeff Jansen | Portland, Oregon | USA