[Spambayes] Outlook XP (2002) and Plug-In Stopped Working?

Matt Conway matt.conway at slenderthread.com
Thu Oct 23 23:04:54 EDT 2003

I am running Outlook XP on WinXP Pro and SpamBayes
0.81.

Suddenly my SpamBayes plugin just plain stopped
working, after going just fine for a little over a
week.

SpamBayes appears to consider all the email
messages in my inbox, but never touches a thing,
spam,  ham or otherwise. Messages that have a spam
score of 98%, 99% and 100% just sit there in my
inbox. (My threshold is set to 90%, the action set
to "move messages to my spam folder")

I've looked in both the documentation and in the
last couple months of mailing list archives and
found nothing that seems to help me on this.

Here's what I've tried:
- filtering manually
	(SpamBayes toolbar button->filter
messages...->)
- rebuilding the database
- resetting the configuration
- running the setup wizard again
- turning on background processing with the timer,
as per a suggestion in the docs.
- re-registering the dll : regsvr32.exe
spambayes_addin.dll
- removing and reinstalling (and cleaning out the
registry myself)

I know this is very little to go on, but I have to
ask -
Is there anything obvious anyone can suggest to
get my SpamBayes installation back?
I *know* it works, and works well -- I've SEEN it.
;)

thanks

Matt Conway
my blog - http://www.bigredblob.com