[Spambayes] exception in mail

Martin Rowe martin at dbg400.net
Tue Oct 7 03:34:27 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 03:13, Meyer, Tony wrote:
[snip]

> If you can regularly reproduce this error, that would be very helpful
> to us (we can't).  If you're using a pickle, then the db that's getting
> corrupted must be the messageinfo one (i.e. this is [
> spambayes-Bugs-807217 ] fatal region error detected; run recovery).
> You can safely delete that database and leave the other one there and
> still have things work.

I moved the spambayes.messageinfo.db out of the way and restarted last
night. A new one has been generated and so far no more crashes :)

> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=807217&gr
>o up_id=61702>
>
> What do you have to do to reproduce the error?  If you only do
> classification and no training, do you still get it?  What training
> method do you use?  What version of Python and bsddb do you have?

I couldn't determine what would make it crash, only that it did fairly
frequently. I changed my KMail settings to run a pre-command on fetch,
which restarted sb_server.py each time before collecting mail. About 1/2
of my mail ended up with the exception error in the headers.

All the training I've done (and still do) has been by having Spambayes
cache the messages it's fetched which I train on the http://
localhost:8880/review page. Python is 2.3.1 (latest from Debian unstable/
Sid).

mrowe at jamaro:~$ spambayes-1.0a6/utilities/which_database.py
Pickle is available.
Dumbdbm is available.
Dbhash is available.
Bsddb[3] is available.

Your storage hammie.db is a: dbhash

It still failed with the same error when I temporarily switched to using a
pickle with a new hammie.db.

Would my old spambayes.messageinfo.db be of any use?

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /