[Spambayes] Addin does not load - Buttons Not Removed With Uninstall - Addin cannot be Enabled

Joseph Vinsky jvinsky at asbury.com
Mon Oct 6 14:00:40 EDT 2003

I have used Spam Bayes in the past with much success. However I have some
issues regarding a recent Spam Bayes install. The PC is a Windows 2000 pro
machine with Outlook 2002 installed. After installing SpamBayes 8.0 - the
latest available, the buttons on the tool bar were unresponsive. I went to
the COM Add-in and noticed the spambayes addin was not present. I tried
installing it by running regsvr32.exe without any luck. I also tried to
enable it through Help > About Microsoft outlook, but once enable Outlook
would not open without spambayes being disabled. I also tried to register
the addin as per the README.txt file, again without luck. I then uninstalled
SpamBayes and removed any left over files manually, but when I open Outlook
the spambayes tool bar is still present and it is not functional. At this
point I can't seem to get it entirely uninstalled ( the toolbar buttons) and
I cannot get the addin to load at all. I have enclosed the log file, but I
don't think it contains anything of value. Thanks for you help.

Sincerely,
Joseph Vinsky
Information Analyst
Asbury Graphite Mills, Inc.