[Spambayes] RE: trying to send in a suggestion for your software..

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Sat Oct 4 14:46:05 EDT 2003

Not a good idea. Such a misfeature is worse than a waste of effort. These days almost no spammers use a legitimate reply address. At best the bounce attempt contributes an additional undeliverable message to the clutter. Often it goes instead to some poor wretch whose reply address was used by the spammer without the wretch's knowledge or permission. At worst, the reply address is the original list itself, and the bounce message goes to EVERYBODY.

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165