[Spambayes] Help! Can't install 1.0a7, blew up previous install of a6

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Tue Nov 25 00:43:14 EST 2003

I have it working now--- I think. At least all the scripts run during
install, and the proxy service starts up again. Turns out I was a little
unclear on the concept, installation-wise. Unzipping the archive results in
some scripts you shouldn't run- you should run one of them and then chdir
over to the python directory before running the rest of them. Things are
somewhat improved now.

-T

At 08:48 PM 11/24/2003 -0500, papaDoc wrote:
>Hi Tom,
>
>Looking more closely at the error and with the new info. I think you are
>missing the database.
>I'm not sure but I think version 1.0a6 and 1.0a7 have different name for
>the database or where
>it is save. (I'm not sure since I'm always using the latest CVS version).
>Can you clean up/move to a safe location  the old version of spambayes.
>
>i.e.
>c:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Application Data\Spambayes
>Check if there is any file ending in ".ini" where you have version 1.0a7.
>
>Then reinstall version 1.0a7 not in the same directory as where 1.0a6 was.
>
>Remi
>
>>Python as installed on my machine signs on as
>>Python 2.3 (#46, Jul 29 2003, 18:54:32) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

[Computing] Stroustroup writes in the ARM: C programmers think that
memory allocation is too important to be left to the computer, Lisp
programmers think that memory allocation is too important to be left
to the programmer.
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com (internet)  remove "nospam." N9QQB (ham)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43 7' 17.2" N, by 88¸ 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, Cisco Certified CCNA