[Spambayes] Header annotations included in classification?

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Mon Nov 24 10:01:28 EST 2003

papaDoc wrote:
> I did not look closely at the code but usually the "spam clue" are added
> at the end of the classification process.
> I you train on "fresh mail" there should be no problem.
>
> If you retrain (an email was not classified correctly, or retrain from
> scratch with old mail ) this can be a problem but
> there is options to not look at headers  but I think the subject is
> always classified. (someone can correct me on this ?)
>
> You can fill a bug or feature request on sourceforge.

Aha! Thanks for your help - I feel a bit dumb but now understand my problem
better. :) On the Home -> Review web page I was looking through the list of
emails for which it was unsure and marking them as Ham or Spam and then
clicking the Train button. But as Spambayes began to classify emails on its own
they began to also show up in their own section ("Messages classified as Spam")
and by default they have the "Spam" radio button selected so by clicking Train
I was running them through as training material as well.

I wonder if the radio button for messages that were classified as ham/spam
should default to Discard? I hesitate to even file that as a feature request as
I'm pretty new to SB and maybe that wouldn't make sense to more experienced
users.

Anyway, thanks for the help,
Dave