[Spambayes] Spambayes installation in SuSE Linux / Nomodule named zlib ?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Nov 19 23:17:29 EST 2003

[...]
> marttila at linux:~> python /usr/local/bin/sb_imapfilter.py -c
> -t -l 10
[...]
> IndexError: string index out of range

I've seen this a couple of times now, but I'm only just getting time to
figure it out, sorry.

What's happening here is that it's trying to select a folder called "",
which is no good (I believe, however, that it should give an 'invalid folder
name' error, rather than the traceback, and have submitted a python bug to
that effect).

This, of course, raises the question of *why* it's trying to use "" as a
folder name.  My guess is that it's because the unsure/spam folder hasn't
been set.  If that's the case, could you set those, and give it another go
and see if that fixes it? (It would be great to hear back, either way).

> BTW, what is Spambayes Manager?

A dialog box that users of the Outlook plug-in have.