[Spambayes] question about Spambayes setup...

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Wed Nov 19 14:56:23 EST 2003

I'm using it with Eudora pro 5.1 in Pop3 proxy mode. If you think any of my
advice would be applicable, I'm happy to give it. Writing filters in Eudora
to act on the inserted headers isn't hard but there are a few wrinkles and
gotchas. Also, I've gotten it to work with Norton antivirus configured to
scan all outgoing mail, and if you do that wrong with the pop3 proxy, it
will scan all messages twice each.

Ooops. Just saw the word "Outlook" in your message. Guess you won't be
needing the POP3 proxy.

At 11:37 AM 11/19/2003 -0800, fred fredwin wrote:
>Greetings !
>I recently came across SpamBayes and am very excited about using it (tried
>other spam filtering software, and it was a pretty big waste of
>time).  I've got it set up, and it works fine, but I want to know if
>anyone has any setup tips?
>I was thinking of having a folder with known bad spam, which would not be
>deleted and kept in Outlook today, along with known ham, kept in another
>folder, each having about 500 messages to compare incoming spam to, which
>would periodically take new messages (ham and spam), put them in the
>respective folder, and then periodically delete old spam/ham
>messages.  This would keep an updated list of spam/ham, to stay on par
>with the spammers (they always were one step ahead any kind of spam
>filtering software).  any suggestions would be appreciated...

[Listening] We only consult the ear because the heart is wanting. --
Blaise Pascal
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com (internet)  remove "nospam." N9QQB (ham)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43 7' 17.2" N, by 88¸ 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, Cisco Certified CCNA