[Spambayes] sb_mboxtrain.py reformatting email?

Tommy Burnette tommy at ilm.com
Thu Nov 13 15:06:01 EST 2003

Hi Folks,

I've been very happily using spambayes with xemacs & vim for about a
month now.  When the latest version was announced I switched right up
to it, but since then I've noticed a behaviour in sb_mboxtrain.py that
is a bit of a pain. (no idea if this is new or not, I just notcied it
recently).

basically, when sb_mboxtrain.py rewrites the mbox to include its
headers.  This wreaks havoc on the display in vm's summary mode and is
a bit of a pain to fix.

e.g. this line in a mail header:

	["31722" "Tue" "12" "November" "2002" "15:05:56" "-0800" "Gayle Peterson" "gayle at lucasdigital.com" nil "457" "2003 Holiday Schedule" "^From:" nil nil "11" nil nil nil nil nil]
	nil)

is being transformed into this:

	["31722" "Tue" "12" "November" "2002" "15:05:56" "-0800" "Gayle
	Peterson" "gayle at lucasdigital.com" nil "457" "2003 Holiday
	Schedule" "^From:" nil nil "11" nil nil nil nil nil] nil)

which, while neatly formatted, has introduced newlines into places
like the From name, etc. and makes them display as: