[Spambayes] SpamBayes Outlook addin

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Nov 10 21:25:31 EST 2003

[Richard Mann]
> I installed SpamBayes Outlook addin on my home system (Windows Xp and
> Outlook 2002) with no trouble and everything seems to be working
> properly.
>
> However, I also loaded it at work on my Windows Me/Outlook 98 machine
> and the addin does not load at all when I open Outlook, despite no
> errors during the installation.  I have run regsvr and also
> uninstalled/reinstalled the addin with no success.  The addin does not
> show under the com addins in Outlook 98.
>
> Any ideas?

Sorry, the addin can't be used with Outlook 98.  Microsoft made huge changes
to Outlook's object model between OL98 and OL2000, and it would take quite
different code on our end to deal with OL98.  I don't think any of the
current developers even has access to an OL98 installation, so I don't
expect this to change (while it's possible that an OL98 user will decide to
rewrite our code for OL98's quirks and contribute that back to the project,
I don't expect it).