[Spambayes] possible bug

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:44:39 EST 2003

Jeffrey Barnaby wrote:
> --- how do you uninstall spam bayes --- I see no way to remove this
> from my outlook bar.

An unfortunate side-effect of the bizarre way that Outlook exposes
toolbars to plugins.  The problem is that we don't have access to the
Outlook interfaces that allow removing the toolbar at the time of
uninstall.

If you have already run the uninstall, then the SpamBayes addin itself
should be gone.  You just need to remove the toolbar manually.  If you
right-click an unused area of the toolbar in your main Outlook window
and select Customize, you should get a list of toolbars that includes
SpamBayes.  Just highlight SpamBayes and click Delete and the toolbar
should go away.  If you also have the Spam field showing in any of your
views, you'll have to remove that manually as well by going to
"Customize Current View", clicking "Fields...", and removing it from the
"Show theses fields" list.

--
Kenny Pitt