[Spambayes] spambayes... - NDRs

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Wed May 28 15:06:26 EDT 2003

On 28 May 2003 at 9:43, Ball, Dan wrote:

> Ya, I thought of that possible outcome, fortunately, I don't know anyone
> that was ever one the recieving end of that situation, if I did, I may be
> much more sensitive to it as well.

Here's another thought.

Suppose the MTA had spambayes support 'built-in'.

It could reject the message after DATA by returning a 500 series response. That
should generate an NDR at the sending MTA.

If the spammer is running is own originating MTA (how many of them do) then they
might be interested in getting truly invalid addresses off their lists.

Musing ..

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements