[Spambayes] OS vs Outlook version issues.

Sean True seant at iname.com
Wed May 21 22:21:41 EDT 2003

Mark Hammond wrote:

>The Win9x problem is consistent, and purely related to the installer.

>The XP problem is less so.  I have heard of a number of XP related
problems;
>many, but not all, are related to Outlook XP (as opposed to Outlook 2000
>which most of us use).  I have tested, and heard of a few success reports,
>of XP with Outlook 2000.  At least one user with Outlook XP has a fully
>functioning SpamBayes, except for toolbar buttons.

>I just don't know :)

>Mark.

We are doing VMWare testing for 98,ME,NT4,2000,XP, and XP Pro against
Outlook 2000/2002/XP.
So far all the platforms (clean install of OS and Outlook) actually seem to
work.
We do heavy testing on Outlook 2000/20002 on Windows XP and XP Pro. They
both work fine,
but toolbar image buttons are problematic on 20002. There is a known bug
described on MSDN and
at some point we'll try the five listed work arounds and see if one works.

We got past some install problems through endless tinkering with the build
process. Wish I knew
which tinker fixed what. I do know that moving the build env to stock Python
2.2.2, and forcing the
binary to use a good bsddb3 was a good thing.

All of our work is off a snapshot current at 4/23/2003 in CVS.

-- Sean