[Spambayes] Performance of CVS Outlook addin

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu May 22 14:20:11 EDT 2003

> I recently changed the Outlook addin in CVS to save the database after
> *every* training operation, iff you are using a bsddb.
[...]
> I'm wondering if any people have actually started using this
> version, and what their impressions of the speed are?
[...]
> Any other impressions?  Should this save code remain in place?

I don't notice this at all.  However, I don't do much training.  Most of
what ends up in my unsures is stuff I'm unsure about myself (e.g. things
I signed up for but am not really interested in).  When I do train,
though, I don't notice any delay.

So my vote would be to stay in place (my system does crash a lot, thanks
to XP and some dogdy webcam drivers, so I probably did lose training
previously; not that there was much of it).