[Spambayes] auto reply text

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu May 22 09:57:45 EDT 2003

> > I don't know.  I was under the impression from recent traffic
> > that there was some XP-related problem with the installer.
> > The main reason for placing the file on the website was so
> > people could read and respond.  Those with CVS access are
> > welcome to make changes as well.
>
> Hint hint :)
>
> I think (especially after reading the latest batch) that there are two
> problems, one with Win98 and one with WinXP.  (But yes, Mark could
> probably settle this).

I don't know either.

The Win9x problem is consistent, and purely related to the installer.

The XP problem is less so.  I have heard of a number of XP related problems;
many, but not all, are related to Outlook XP (as opposed to Outlook 2000
which most of us use).  I have tested, and heard of a few success reports,
of XP with Outlook 2000.  At least one user with Outlook XP has a fully
functioning SpamBayes, except for toolbar buttons.

I just don't know :)

Mark.