[Spambayes] Suddenly a lot of errors

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu May 15 12:56:45 EDT 2003

> This look like my error (see  spambayes-Bugs-737642).

I don't think that they are the same.  Peter's trace shows a problem
trying to get a word score, yours shows a problem trying to parse a
message.

> I don't think it is a database problem since when I'm using an old
> version of spambayes (CVS from 2003.03.25) I don't get the error.

I'm pretty sure that the problem is caused by a malformed message.
There has been some discussion about these on the list recently (in
particular see Alex's message), as well as a while back.

I suspect that the old version of pop3proxy didn't use the email package
to parse the mail, but the new (via message.py) does.

I'm going to close your bug and open a new one about malformed mime
messages.  I'll move your comments into it, as well as Alex's.
Something does need to be done.

> N.B. How can I find which messge is causing problem and
> how can I get an hand on it ?

If you set the "globals":"verbose" option to True in your config file
you will have a _pop3proxy.log file created that logs the POP3
conversation.  If you look at that, I *think* that you will be able to
figure out which message is causing the problem.  (It will probably stop
at one message, which is not the last one).