[Spambayes] Does anyone care about this report?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed May 14 13:27:59 EDT 2003

> I spent considerable time preparing this several weeks ago,
> with the promise that it would be made available somewhere
> that would be of use to people... but got no reply.

TimS was going to add it, but has been busy with RL stuff over the last
couple of weeks.  I hadn't bothered because I knew he was going to get
to it eventually.  If Mark doesn't get to it, I'll add it once you've
answered the "include" or "include link" question that he asked.

> I'd also appreciate it if someone could address the question at the
end.
I read it all, including the question, and even started to reply, and
then decided that I didn't really know enough about what I was talking
about to answer it, so left it for someone else.

I'm pretty sure that Alex is right and Spambayes does no locking.  My
answer would be the same as his, I think, in that I don't think it
should matter, but that I don't know enough about the db stuff to be
certain.  I think Mark knows something about it, and TimS is figuring it
out at the moment, I think, but I don't know who the expert is.

I'm especially unclear because of the way you're mixing different
components to get the desired effect.  Sorry I didn't answer, it's just
that I really don't think I'm contributing any wisdom to this.