[Spambayes] Outlook plugin -- Blatant, vaguely commercial offer.

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Tue May 13 12:56:11 EDT 2003

Sean True wrote:
> Well, sort of commercial.
>
> After some initial conversation with Mark Hammond, and considerable
> jawboning from my own internal customers,
> I've been working on a productized version of the Outlook plugin, code named
> SpamAtBay. It has had some UI work, and documentation changes, and some
> significant functional changes (see the CHANGES.txt) below.

I AM STUNNED.

I just got individually spammed by you (as probably everyone on spambayes
did?), asking me to download software which:

    - is not clearly advertised as commercial or not
    - does not give specific credit to SpamBayes

I'm absolutely stunned that you would do such a thing.  While my bias would
have been to say 'yeah!' to a commercialization of SpamBayes and the outlook
plugin, I will most definitely stay away from your product, if you don't
understand the basic definition of spam, I'm afraid I can't trust you.

--david