[Spambayes] __del__ in DBDictClassifier?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Mar 24 22:22:24 EST 2003

    >> Is there some reason the storage.DBDictClassifier class doesn't
    >> implement a __del__ method which calls store()?

    Tim> Yup.  There is no guarantee that the __del__ method is called,

You're suggesting that there's a good chance a DBDictClassifier instance
will be involved in a cycle?  Looking at the code briefly I didn't see an
instance attributes which looked like they would refer to other objects
which would (possibly indirectly) refer back to the instance.  It's a common
Python idiom to call an object's close() method in its __del__ method.

Skip