[Spambayes] mboxtrain.py error

BP List bplist at www.wormy.org
Wed Mar 19 19:00:21 EST 2003

I created the database file with "hammiefilter.py -n".  It seems that
every mailbox file I run mboxtrain.py on results in an error
similar to this:

www:/home/bryan# ./mboxtrain.py -d /home/bryan/.hammiedb -g
/home/bryan/mail/Mailbox -s /home/bryan/mail/SPAM
Training ham (/home/bryan/mail/Mailbox):
  Reading as Unix mbox
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mboxtrain.py", line 284, in ?
    main()
  File "./mboxtrain.py", line 271, in main
    train(h, g, False, force)
  File "./mboxtrain.py", line 209, in train
    mbox_train(h, path, is_spam, force)
  File "./mboxtrain.py", line 166, in mbox_train
    fcntl.lockf(f, fcntl.LOCK_UN)
IOError: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy

I have tried this as root and as the user.  I assume that there is really
nothing wrong with mboxtrain.py, but I don't have the faintest idea where
to start looking.  I've tried several mailbox files all with the same
result.  I am sure that noone had the mailbox open as well.  I've just
installed all the latest supporting applications that are listed in the
spambayes documentation.  Please let me know if you need any specific
details.

Thanks in advance!

-- Bryan