[Spambayes] mails that fail when filtered in outlook

David Leftley spambayes at djl.freeuk.com
Thu Mar 13 11:29:59 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:16:20 +0100, "Fredrik Rodland"
<spambayes at rodland.no> wrote:
>I've got a couple of emails (allready fetched by outlook) which make the
>filterering fail.

>I've no idea as to what makes the first one fail.  The other one seems to
>have a '\r\n' included in the subject.  I guess this is not good, but it
>shouldn't make the plugin fail, should it?

There seem to be some big improvements in the handling of malformed
headers in the latest python email package. I was getting an error
similar to the second of yours until I upgraded to version 2.5b1, from

>also - If manual filtering is started, and one e-mail fails, the rest of the
>filetering seems to be skipped.  couldn't the filtering continue, skipping
>the message which failed?

Yes, this is something I would like to see as well. It can sometimes
be tricky to work out which of the 2000 messages in the spam corpus is
causing filtering to fail!

David.