[Spambayes] full o' spaces

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Mar 8 22:15:10 EST 2003

[Tim Stone]
> I think we should get rid of any related options, too:
> use_gary_combining and use_chi_squared_combining.

Agreed.

> Perhaps this would be a good time to make
> experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment permanent?

There haven't been enough test reports on that one to decide.  It's True by
default in the Outlook client, but still appears to be False by default
everywhere else.  There are bad visible effects either way (if it's off and
you get a large ratio imbalance, it's too easy for a msg to score
incorrectly as belonging to the more popular category; if it's on and you
get a large ratio imbalance, training on another example from the more
popular category has little effect, exacerbating (for example) the "but I
trained on it and it's *still* called ham!" irritation).