[Spambayes] Adding a message database

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Mar 6 12:35:55 EST 2003

> > I simply want a memory of how a specific message was trained, for the
> > following reasons:
> >
> > * Accidental attempt to train the same message, in the same
> way, multiple
> >   times.
> > * Accidental attempt to train the same message as ham and spam.
>
> So, this is a rockin' idea and I'd be glad to rewrite
> mboxtrain/hammiefilter to use it once it's implemented.

OK - while I am here... ;)

It seems to me that sub-classing classifier to change storage semantics is
wrong.  IMO, this should use delegation.  sub-classing of classifier should
be used should the classification sheme want overriding, not the storage
requirements.

This wouldn't be too hard to do - _setwordinfo() etc just delegate to a
self.storage - and would make some sense to do as part of a "message
database".

If there a compelling reason for it being the way it is?

Mark.