[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Bugs-696995 ] Invalid HTML comments are not ignored

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 3 18:17:25 EST 2003

Bugs item #696995, was opened at 2003-03-04 12:55
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=696995&group_id=61702

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Incorrectly terminated HTML comments are ignored by
SpamBayes, but most clients handle this gracefully.

For both of the following:
hi <!-- comment > there
hi <!-- comment > more <!-- comment 2 --> there

IE and Mozilla both render "hi there".  SpamBayes will
miss the "there".  Thus, spambayes can miss most of the
message payload even though the user sees it all.

Attaching a patch which creates a new option,
ignore_unterminated_html_comments: True, which
correctly handles this case.  If set to False, you get
the old behaviour.  If no one can see a reason to keep
the existing behaviour, then this can be dropped as an
option.