[Spambayes] Moving the db from a pc to a server

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Fri Jun 20 12:30:58 EDT 2003

Thanks to Tony, Skip and Tim for their help last night (and
early this morning :-).

I was able to download and install db-4.125 from sleepycat's
site, and then install the pybsddb download on sourceforce
as well.

Indeed, the db from SpamAtBay now works for me hooked into
my .procmailrc under RH8, using hammiefilter.py!

The only "trick" (for me) is that .procmailrc wasn't loading
the correct new db .so files by default, so I wrapped the
python script in a 3-line bash script:

#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/
/usr/bin/python $HOME/SpamBayes/spambayes/hammiefilter.py -f -d $HOME/.hammiedb

Anyway, this is very exciting for me, because I was
previously using SpamAssasin to filter email to my BB, and
so much gets through that it's frightening.

Thanks again!

P.S. For anyone who's interested, it is my intention to
upload the database from PC to the server roughly once a
week, or whenever I realize that I've either made a bunch of
"retrainings" on the PC, or had too much spam come through
on the blackberry.