[Spambayes] Changes to Outlook addin configuration files

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jun 16 16:10:23 EDT 2003

Hi all,
  I made some significant changes to the Outlook addin, particularly related
to configuration files.  Options are no longer stored in a "pickle", but in
an INI file that could be edited by a human.  Your old configuration *is*
migrated to the new format.

This is very cool as it allows us to support options before we have a UI for
it.  A first such option is a "data_directory", which would allow site
administrators to specify a different per-user directory.  Some other
options are likely to appear soon.

Source-code users will note the creation of "unknown_profile.ini" - this is
because released win32alls currently can not determine the Outlook profile
name. When it can, this file will magically be renamed to the correct
profile name. The next binary release will know the profile name
immediately, so will never see "unknown_profile.ini".  (This is used so
SpamBayes can eventually be used with multiple profiles - currently it fails
pretty badly)

I have tried to test this fairly well, but things manage to go wrong.  Next
time you update from CVS, please have a look at your configuration (ie,
folders to watch, etc).  If it all looks fine, then great :)  If it doesn't,
please look in the log for any errors.

Mark.