[Spambayes] What is the current version, and how do I find out the version I'm using?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Jul 29 19:53:43 EDT 2003

> I'm curious, how do I find out which version of SpamBayes I
> have installed, and what the current version is?

Apart from Version.py, which was already mentioned:

In Outlook if you go to the SpamBayes manager from the toolbar item, the
version is at the top of the dialog (Mark: it was suggested that this
also go in the "About" page, which is more maintenance, but maybe more
noticeable).

In pop3proxy/imapfilter, the version information is printed when you
start the proxy/filter.

In the near future, I imagine that the web ui will also display it, and
there will be a script that does the same thing as the Outlook "check
for latest version" menu item, but for the other apps (which the web ui
could activate).