[Spambayes] Pop3proxy training suddenly quit working - pop3proxy is incompatible with fetchmail!

Ilkka Tengvall ilkka.tengvall at iki.fi
Mon Jul 28 06:34:43 EDT 2003

> From: David Handy <david at handysoftware.com>
> I verified that in the case of fetchmail bringing down the mail, onRetr()
> is called with command == 'TOP'. So that "if" statement effectively
> prevents caching and training of messages for everyone using fetchmail.
>
> I'm surprised this one wasn't caught earlier.

Thanks for pointing that out! I was using spambayes for couple months
and never had the caching working, until couple weeks ago just suddenly
it started working. Actually I noticed it only two days ago it's been
working for couple weeks. The reason for that is most likely that I
added the fetchall option to fetchmail just then. I have not made any
other changes to my mail system during this time. This could be added
somewhere as a help for unix (fetchmail) users.

This solves the problem I was asking a month back about pop3proxy not
caching messages on RH9.

 -it