[Spambayes] Registration error on (re)install

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Jul 26 01:48:53 EDT 2003

> Hello, SpamBayes folks --
>
> I've been running the SpamBayes Outlook plugin for a few
> weeks without a
> problem. Today I needed to reinstall it (v005). I got an
> error during the
> attempt: "Unable to register the DLL/OCX: DllRegisterServer
> failed; code
> 0x80040201. I retried, then decided to ignore.

This may be your lucky day :)  I've been working on this exact bug.  We are
tracking it in
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=764325&group_id=617
02&atid=498103, and I just added the following comment:

I've put a new interim version at
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/downloads/SpamBayes-Outlook-Setup-B
ugCatcher.exe.  This version is specifically for testing this "Unable to
Register" error, so please try it as soon as you can, and let me know how it
goes.

Mark.