[Spambayes] 3 problems

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat Jul 19 12:28:30 EDT 2003

> Same thing either way: nothing unless I explicitly run the
> smtpproxy.py script at the command line.

Which is very strange, because all the pop3proxy script does is execute
the smtpproxy script in a separate thread.

> If that's the case then it's likely that installing and
> then starting the pop3proxy_service.py script under W2K does
> not in fact run the smtpproxy.py script.

If you could, would you be able to try running pop3proxy from a console
(stop the service first, I suppose) and seeing if the smtp proxy starts
in that case?  If it does, I guess it does mean that for some reason
it's the service that is at fault.  I don't know enough about services
to fix it if that is the case - Mark?  If it doesn't start with
pop3proxy either, then something else is going on.

> As it is, thanks for putting up with dumb newbie.

Everyone starts out that way.  (well, except for those that wrote the
code in the first place, I suppose).